Thank you for choosing our charity to donate your kit items. To ensure safety of donations there are a number of safety checks we need you to complete prior to donation.
- Straps/harnesses in working order
- Brakes in working order
- Wheels secure and in good condition (inflated if pneumatic tyres)
- All attachments included
- Raincover included
- Able to fold and lock in folded position
- A permanent notice on the buggy must state: Children should be harnessed in at all times and should never be left unattended.
- A permanent notice on the buggy stating ‘carelessness causes fire’
- Instructions should be supplied with each buggy. If the original instructions are lost, then replacements can usually be downloaded from the internet.
- Straps should be clean and in working order. There should be a strap between the child’s legs and around the waist.
- If a folding chair, is it stable?
- Due to space constraints we can only accept simple cots without drawers. No heavy sleigh styles.
- We do not accept used mattresses
- The cot must be under 10 years old
- All the parts required to build it in newborn setting must be present
- Make and model plus assembly instructions should be supplied (these can normally be downloaded on the internet)
- The cot needs to be dismantled, with all cot fixings should be placed in a bag and secured to the bars of the cot.
- Please ensure these items are clean
- No stained/heavily bobbled or damaged items will be accepted
- Ensure all safety clasps are in working order
- If batteries, please ensure these are included if required.
- Small hand-held toys only
- All parts must be present
- Please check that all puzzle/game pieces are present
- If the toy requires batteries, please ensure these are in working order/replaced, and screwed in securely
- Books must be in good condition with no rips, scribbles or missing pages/flaps
- Cuddly toys must be freshly washed.
Please note: We do not accept
- Pillows/Duvets/breast feeding pillows
- Electrical items
- Jumperoo’s & large toys (The Reuse shops at the Recycling centres (the tip) accept these)
- Sleep positioners (SleepyHead/Dockatots)
- Cot bumpers
- Cot mobiles
- Car seats
- Nappy bins (The Reuse shops at the Recycling centres (the tip) accept these)
- Baby formula
- Used underwear
- Maternity clothing (Bump and Baby Hideout in Sale take these!)
- School Uniform (please consider donating to the school PTA or on Trafford Uniform Exchange)